Thursday, April 07, 2011

Week 1, Day 2

Okay, so I found my groove. I found a path behind my house that allows me to run without every person on the street staring at me. I have a long way to go- and right now its easier for me to just concentrate on running instead of concentrating on what people think & see.

Today wasn't as bad as Tuesday.  I got into my groove, my rhythm and it worked. When I got to "Single Ladies" I developed a huge cramp and I had to walk through one run, but for the most part I finished all runs to the 60 second capacity. I probably will continue week 1 again next week, just until it feels a little more comfortable, and then pick it up the week after. My last 60 second interval I heard Carli say "this is your last run, are you ready?"  I was like WOOHOO- and I picked up the pace and finished that 60 seconds strong! My path ends on a dead end, blocked by a linked fence, and when I finished it felt so friggen good- I high fived the fence!!! After I did it I said to myself "Thank god no one saw that one!" But it felt amazing!!!  I walked home, smiling the whole way. It feels so good to be me right now!


On another note, my daughter is sick right now- so home I am tomorrow. I always find it harder to watch my eating when I am at home, but I think I might just go ahead and make my lunch like always, and just eat it when I normally would. Therefore I have to stick to the plan. I don't know how great of an idea that is, it might backfire- but I am working so hard this week to break through this plateau, I know that on its own will help me push through.

OH I almost forgot! I signed up for the Weight Watchers/ Running Room 5 K walk on June 12th! It's official I am going to test the waters, see how I do! Doing it with my best friend, and my weight watchers buddy Erin. She has been one of the greatest supports during this process (she even calls me nightly to make sure I work out!).

Onto another day, another mile (or KM!) Losing Weight has never felt so great!!!

4 comments:

Kenzie Prudhomme said...

Good going Jess! You are an amazing lady :)

Unknown said...

So proud of you, keep going. Love you lots, Oma.You still want to work out at my place onthe weekend?

Emma's Dating Adventures said...

Way to go Jess!!! You're doing awesome!!!

James said...

Good job babe! So VERY proud of you. Not everyone can do the things you do in a day and still find a way to lose weight and exercise. Keep it up, love ya!