Saturday, April 30, 2011

Week 2 


Today I ran with Erin. We took the kids to the park, let them play and ran the path that goes right around the park.  It felt great to be able to run the 90 seconds with ease, but also to run more "in public" and not feel so self-conscious. The confidence I am building is showing in so many ways. Running has done so much more for me then just increase my exercise. Even my shins didn't hurt as much as last time. WE also ran in the morning, which I have yet to experience. I quite enjoy running in the morning. Much more than the evening. If James wasn't out delivering the newspapers every morning I would be out running before work.  Soon summer is coming though and my work schedule is changing so I should be able to run in the morning.

Tonight I became adventurous and made home made pizza.  This is the first time I have ever really made anything from scratch! With the helpful advice from my parents friends and my step-mom's epicure spices and pans I made some delicious healthy pizzas!! Before I would order pizzas that had three kinds of meat, extra cheese and thick crust. Today I made a thinner crust pizza (as much as I had control over this as a newbie!) with broccoli, tomatos and chicken. And low fat cheese. On a personal sized pan. It was delicious, and filling. I have never felt so satisfied!!!

Will continue this week with week two- and off to Nova Scotia. I hope to get some runs done when I am down that, however I know I will be doing a lot more exercising and walking! We are visiting farms, climbing through coves and going for long sightseeing walks!

Baby steps to Big Change :)

No comments: