Saturday, April 09, 2011

Week 1 Day #3


So today I ran with Erin, my besstie. I RAN THE WHOLE SET!!!!! EVERY INTERVAL!!! I am on such a high right now I can't even explain it.  Running with her was great motivation and it kept me going. After a couple full sets I realized "Hey, I don't need her to push me! I can do this!" Once I hit "Single Ladies" the track that I always quit on, a huge smile came across my face. I wasn't feeling any pain, and I was feeling pretty good. I knew right then I could finish it, and finish it strong.  As soon as I finished the last run (Thanks Carli for that last bit of motivation!) I jumped into the air and yelled!  It was friggen amazing.  I can't believe that after 3 days of running intervals I was able to do it without dying.  I will do week one again next week just so I can continue feeling confident for a week. Also I have Erin starting the program now, and we will run together on Saturdays, since she essentially lives at my house on weekends anyways!

Tomorrow morning is Weigh In day. My scale at home isn't showing a loss, and its making me nervous. James and Erin both keep telling me that the first week after working out and picking up activity will be the hardest on my weight loss as my body adjusts.  I am going to try and not let the scale tomorrow discourage me at all. I am feeling healthier-- just being able  to finish today confirms that I am.  Physics states that I will have to start losing the pound- calories in vs calories out, Right?

The goal for the next 12 weeks is to lose 20 more lbs and to be able to run 20 minutes consecutive.  :)

For those following my journey I challenge you to find one habit that you want to change and keep putting it off and just do it! Make that one little change, and keep your head up high.

If I can do it, you can too!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good show Jessica, love you.Oma