Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 1, day 4 &5


I am still calling this week 1 because I have chosen to re-do the podcast for week one until I feel comfortable completely.  I decided to run on Monday- it was such a beautiful evening and I really just felt like doing it!! What a strange difference in my attitude to activity. It's really remarkable. From the girl that just didn't care, didn't know how, didn't feel good- to wanting to do it daily. I finished the intervals on Monday again- and had my mini high! I think it's that feeling that really motivates me. I haven't felt so accomplished in a long time!

I went again last night, and Hannah decided she really wanted to come too. I was a little unsure on how that would work- but decided to try. I did make James come with us, just in case.  She was really motivated and really tried her best to run lots! For little 4 year old feet she sure can move, and did really well.  Towards the end of the podcast she was getting tired so she stopped and sat with Daddy.  They then saw some ducks go by, and a blue jay! She took on the job of passing me my water bottle every time I passed them, and cheering me on (Go Mommy Go!)  It was really great.   On the plus side, we went home and it was bed time, she didn't even get through a story before passing out. May just take her out everynight with me so she sleeps well! Haha.

I am really starting to feel major differences in my body. Sometimes the scale doesn't like to show me them but I notice as clothes fit differently and I have much more energy- and for the most part my attitude is more positive and cheerful.  If these are the only changes I get then I will be extremely happy with the entire thing!

This week it's Hannah's dance recital- excited to see my baby on stage. encouraging activity in my family has become almost our motto.  I really hope she is able to live a happy and healthy childhood, and that I instill the ability to learn healthy habits and fully understand the effects of unhealthy choices.

No comments: